Advanced Wilderness First Aid (40h)
This training now represents the minimum standard for outdoor professionals working in wilderness environments. It is highly recommended for any worker who is working in the wilderness. The content of the course goes well beyond urban first aid programs and covers in depth the specific aspects of first aid in remote areas beyond the reach of emergency medical services.
WFA theory and practice, with a special emphasis on accident scene management, group leadership, rescuer responsibility and liability, prevention of injuries, advanced first aid kits, wound management and managing the trauma victim
Included* : CPR-AED, Level C (Adult, Child and Infant).
*The CPR-AED module is mandatory for SIRIUSMEDx certification. It is included in our courses
$ 505 / 4 days
- The Advanced Wilderness First Aid training is usually given over a 4-day period, 8 hours per day, with 4-hour evening sessions on Day 1 and Day 3. It is also possible to build a course schedule according to the group needs.
- Courses include classroom theory, as well as practical activities and realistic simulations to develop the required skills.
- Almost half of the course hours are devoted to practical activities
- No previous first aid experience is required
- Participants must be in good physical condition.
In order to requalify, before your certification expires, you must follow :
- Wilderness First Aid (WFA-20h) OR
- Hybrid Advanced Wilderness FIrst Aid Recertification OR
- Advanced Wilderness First Aid (AWFA-40h)