SIRIUSMEDx is a Canadian company founded in 1990, that specializes in medical support services for remote areas and in wilderness safety training programs. SIRIUSMEDx has also become the largest provider of wilderness first aid and wilderness safety training in Canada. Our services include medical personnel, consulting services, equipment, logistics, training and much more. We have a partnership with a local provider called "Tactical Medical Services".
The health officers working with SIRIUSMEDx use their skills and expertise to take concrete action to prevent infections related to COVID-19. The health officers verify the measures put in place to fight the virus, validate the screening of participants on different film sets and participate in collective risk reduction efforts.
The health officers work in collaboration with COVID managers as well as various health professionals and will be directly involved in prevention and intervention related to the fight against COVID-19. The position requires good judgment, critical thinking skills and the ability to intervene rigorously.
- Some television productions are full time for a specific period of time, others are occasional on short television commercials.
Monday to Friday 8 to 10 hours a day (full-time) or 8 to 14 hours a day (occasional)
- Every expense regarding meals, lodging and travel are at the charge of the employer
- Initial training and continuing training during employment
- Office and medical/work equipment provided
Description of responsibilities and duties
- Conducting temperature checks and workers screening;
- Conducting risk assessment on productions;
- Ensure compliance with the COVID Prevention Plan;
- Collaborate with productions producers to ensure health and safety;
- Working with COVID Manager to ensure safety related to infectious disease prevention;
- Carry out physician orders in respect to patient care if required;
- Assist in arranging emergency medical evactuations;
- Maintain a register of infected persons, incidents and problems related to infections to COVID-19;
- Ensure privacy for patients and confidentality of personal information.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Have first aid training (OFA) or professional medical training (EMR, LPN, PCP, RN...);
- Experience in emergency care, occupational health or health and safety management;
- Excellent written and verbal English and good communication skills;
- Bilingual (French/English) an asset;
- Proficiency in use of records software and office software such as MS Word and Excel;
- Ability to successfully pass a comprehensive background chek and a fit for duty exam;
- Current certifications in BLS, ACLS, PHTLS, ITLS, WHMIS/TDG an asset
As soon as possible
27,00$ to 34,50$
We offer full time job for specific period of time (TV Series) and occasional position (commercials and replacement)